A tour of Motorsport Australia Race Control at the Bathurst 1000 is part of a unprecedented Ultimate Motorsport Prize up for grabs.
With a special tour of Race Control with Race Director Tim Schenken just one of many experiences featuring in the once-in-a-lifetime prize, Schenken himself will be the personal guide for the visit.
As part of the tour, the former Formula 1 driver and Ferrari representative will give the lucky winner of the raffle and a chosen friend a special insight into the workings of Race Control during a Supercars event.
Outside of the Race Control tour, some of the other experiences of the prize include a ride around Mt Panorama in the Supercars’ Course Car with Marcos Ambrose, waving the green starter’s flag for the Bathurst 1000 and a VIP tour of the Shell V-Power Racing Team garage with the Dick Johnson.
Tickets for Pirtek run raffle are $20 each and all proceeds will support St Vincent’s Hospital’s Peter Duncan Neurosciences Research Unit.
Having been the Race Director for Australia’s premier motorsport category since the late 1980s, Schenken believed the prize was a special one and he was thrilled to be part of it.
“Obviously Motorsport Australia Race Control is a very controlled environment and to be honest we don’t have that many visitors throughout the year because of that,” Schenken said.
“It is rare that anyone gets a one-on-one tour, but we are delighted that this experience has been made a part of the Ultimate Motorsport Prize.
“I am sure the winner and their fortunate friend will enjoy the amazing list of experiences over the Bathurst 1000 weekend, including their visit to race control which will give them a real ‘behind the scenes’ understanding of what goes on during an event.
“Pirtek and all the stakeholders have done a terrific job pulling this prize together and to see all the funds raised going to St Vincent’s Hospital makes it all that more impressive.
“At just $20 a ticket it means that almost any fan can be in with a chance of winning the prize, the likes of which I have never seen before in all my years in the sport.”
The Ultimate Motorsport Prize
• Return trip for 2 to the 2021 Bathurst 1000 from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city
• 2 nights twin-share accommodation
• Wave the green starter’s flag for the Bathurst 1000
• Ride around Mt Panorama in a Supercars’ Course Car with Marcos Ambrose
• 3-day Supercars Paddock Club access
• Present the PIRTEK Pit Stop Challenge winners’ trophy and cheque on Friday night
• Visit to PIRTEK Victory lane
• VIP tour of the Shell V-Power Racing Team garage with the legendary Dick Johnson
• Behind the scenes tour of Mt Panorama - including visit to the top of the mountain and podium
• VIP (after hours) tour of the National Motor Museum at Mt Panorama
• Helicopter flight around Mt Panorama
• Access to the grid before the race for the national anthem
• A personal tour of the Supercars TV compound with Neil Crompton
• A photo taken with the Peter Brock Trophy on the podium
• A visit to Race Control with Race Director Tim Schenken
• A signed photo with the race winners as the ultimate momento
• A personal VIP concierge host for the weekend
• Two PIRTEK merchandise packs
• Two Corporate Paddock Club tickets,
• Two Course Car rides
• Two grid walks at a 2022 Supercar event of your choice in Australia or New Zealand.
• PIRTEK merchandise pack.
• Two General Admission tickets to a 2022 Supercars event of your choice in Australia or New Zealand.
• PIRTEK merchandise pack.