COVID-19 update: NSW Government advice
Tuesday 17 March, 2020
This information is applicable for the state of New South Wales.
Motorsport Australia has been asked by the NSW Office of Sport to pass on the below information regarding motorsport activities in the state.
At the current time, the advice highlights that smaller events can proceed, assuming they meet the restrictions set out around the ban on mass gatherings.
On Sunday 15 March, NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard made an Order under Section 7 of the Public Health Act 2010 to force the immediate cancellation of major events with more than 500 people.
The Office of Sport is working closely with NSW Health and other government agencies to monitor COVID-19's impact on the NSW sport and recreation sectors.
If you are an event organiser of an event for less than 500 people, NSW Health advises your event may continue and encourages you to focus on:
- Reminding the public and event workers not to attend if they are feeling unwell
- Reminding the public and event workers they must not attend if they are returning from overseas
- Ensuring your emergency management plan is up to date
- Briefing your event staff on how to practice good hygiene and making it easy for staff and attendees to practice good hygiene
- Having adequate hand washing facilities available
For the latest information from the NSW Office of Sport, read the link here.