Applications for Round Two of the Supercheap Auto Club Development Fund are now open
Opened: 1 February 2023
Closed: 31 May 2023
Closing: 31 October 2023
Outcomes announced November 2023
Please ensure your club has read the funding guidelines and discussed your application with the Regional Development Executive for your state or jurisdiction before submitting your application.
Motorsport Australia, in partnership with Supercheap Auto, is proud to be able to offer to its Affiliated Sporting and Enthusiast Car Clubs the opportunity to obtain funding under the Supercheap Auto Club Development Fund.
The Supercheap Auto Club Development Fund is made available as part of Motorsport Australia's ongoing commitment to drive membership growth and participation opportunities in clubs and motorsport.
Clubs are encouraged to submit applications for initiatives and events that positively contribute towards Diversity and Inclusion in the sport, helping grow both club membership numbers and participants in the sport more broadly.
Since its inception in 2015, Motorsport Australia has awarded over $100,000 to Motorsport Australia Affiliated Sporting Car Clubs through the Club Development Fund. In 2023, affiliated Enthusiast Car Clubs will also have the opportunity to apply under
certain funding areas.
Each successful grant recipient will also receive a Supercheap Auto Gift Card for their club.*
Enquiries regarding the Motorsport Australia Club Development Fund can be sent to [email protected].
*Gift Card to be used for club purposes only and are not intended to be redeemed for personal use. Gift Cards cannot be exchanged for monetary value.
Funds will be allocated to projects that fit within one of the following four funding areas:
- Funding Area 1: Safety and Operational Equipment
- Funding Area 2: Volunteer Upskilling and Club Capacity Building
- Funding Area 3: Women and girls’ participation
- Funding Area 4: Events and activities
The Club Development Fund will not fund the following:
- Safety equipment specific to competitor or vehicle modifications which are ultimately intended for individual use (eg. Frontal Head Restraints)
- safety devices which do not meet Motorsport Australia specifications (FIA approved)
- capital expenditure
- ongoing operational costs
Please refer to the funding guidelines for more information.
Funds will be allocated to projects that meet all of the following criteria:
- Assist in the development/growth of Motorsport Australia affiliated car club(s)
- Encourage increased participation in motorsport
- Be managed in a safe, socially and environmentally responsible manner
- Be managed in consultation with Motorsport Australia
- Be supported by a co-investment from the applying club
- Event(s) must operate under a Motorsport Australia permit with applicable safety and officiating standards in place
- For an application to be considered, the club must consult with the Regional Development Executive (RDE) of that jurisdiction regarding the proposed use of funding.
Projects will be preferred if:
- They are supported by multiple clubs
- They address multiple issues or growth areas within the motorsport community (i.e. female participation, succession planning for officials, environmental management, junior development)
- They have local government support/involvement.
Items to note:
- Only one successful application will be considered per club in each calendar year and the whole amount requested may not be allocated.
- Some elements of results/reporting may be made available to other clubs to assist with their development (this process will be coordinated by Motorsport Australia)
Successful applicants must enter into a funding agreement with Motorsport Australia. Funding agreements establish the parties and their commitments and obligations to each other and set out the general terms and conditions of funding.
terms and conditions apply to different types of grants and grant recipients. These terms and conditions are not negotiable.
The following conditions will apply to activities that receive a grant:
- The grant recipient must enter into a funding agreement with Motorsport Australia which sets out the conditions and reporting requirements
- The project must be completed within 12 months of receipt of the grant funds. Any unspent funds
must be returned to Motorsport Australia
- Funds must be spent on the activity as described in the application. Any proposed variation to the approved activity must be submitted to Motorsport Australia for approval prior to implementation
- Grants to recipients not registered for GST will be made exclusive of GST
Successful applicants will also be required to acknowledge Supercheap Auto and Motorsport Australia’s support through the provision of a grant from the Supercheap Auto Club Development Fund in any promotion of the project.
Payments will be made as long as:
- The funding agreement has been signed by both parties
- Grant recipients provide reports as required, or otherwise demonstrate that the activity is progressing as expected
- Other terms and conditions of funding continue to
2022 Round 1 Funded Applications
|Historic Touring Cars Association of New South Wales||NSW|
|Grafton Sporting Car Club||NSW|
|Improved Production Racing Association NSW Pty Ltd||NSW|
|Historic Group N Association NSW||NSW|
|Cooma Monaro Historic Automobile Club||NSW|
|Toyosports Car Club NSW||NSW|
|Sydney Off Road Racing Association||NSW|
|Westlakes Automobile Club ||NSW|
|Fiat Club of NSW||NSW|
|Series X3 NSW||NSW|
|Douglas Shire Motor Sports Association||QLD|
|North Queensland Offroad Racing Association Inc||QLD|
|Historic Leyburn Sprints||QLD|
|Townsville City Autosports Club||QLD|
|Adelaide Car Club||SA|
|Walkerville All Cars Club Inc||SA|
|Tarmac Junior Development Program Association of South Australia||SA|
|Southern Districts Car Club||SA|
|South West Touring Car Club||WA|
|MX5 Racing WA||WA|
|Light Car Club of WA||WA|
|North West car Club inc.||TAS|
2022 Round 2 Funded Applications
|Northshore Sporting Car Club||NSW|
|Christian Autosports Club of Australia||NSW|
|Downs Motorsport Club||QLD|
|Gold Coast Tweet Motorsporting Club (GCTMC) Inc||QLD|
|Queensland Fire & Rescue Club Inc||QLD|
|Queensland Motor Racing Officials Association (QMROA)||QLD|
|Cortina Capri Car Club SA Inc||SA|
|WA Car Club||WA|
|The Vintage Sports Car Club of WA||WA|
|WA Sports Sedan and Sports Car Association||WA|
|Wanneroo Flag Marshal Association||WA|
|Albury and Wodonga District Car Club||VIC|